News Flash! Clint Mauro from Wings Modeling Agency Goes the Distance! Clint Mauro, a modeling legend who began his stardom at Wings Modeling Agency has now returned to acting. Clint has worked with some of the top brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Guess, Rolls Royce, and Armani Exchange Underwear. See what Clinet has to say during this interview. We are so proud of him. “DAMAN: If we could look all the way back to the start of your modeling career, one of your very first gigs was for Giorgio Armani’s spring/summer 2008 campaign, right? Now, about 15 years later, what do you remember the most about that particular photoshoot? Clint Mauro: It’s hard to believe that was 15 years ago! Where does the time go? That shoot for Giorgio Armani was incredible. I remember the booklet of pictures they put together. It had the feel of a vintage black and white Italian film. So elegant, classic and timeless. It was early in my career, and I was blown away by how they captured me on screen. Looking back, some of my favorite images come from that shoot. DAMAN: If we’re not mistaken, that campaign was shot by Mert Allas and Marcus Piggott. What was it like working with photographers of that calibers? Especially in hindsight sfter you’ve accumulated more than a decade of experience..
Clint Mauro: It was intimidating at first. Mert and Marcus are legendary photographers! But they made me feel comfortable and at ease right away and it became such a fun day on set. Briefs by Dsquared2 DAMAN: Speaking about campaigns, your body of work in advertising is quite expansive, from fashion and fragrances to The Dubai Mall and Rolls Royce. Which project would you say was the most fun, exciting or otherwise memorable?
Clint Mauro: This is always one of the hardest questions I get asked. And I always change my answer because I’ve been lucky enough to be a part of so many great trips and shoots. I have to say Rolls Royce is up there. We shot stills and filmed an incredible video and commercial. The crew and equipment for the production was second to none. We traveled to the Canary Islands and shot on volcanic rocks along the coastline and then back to London, and in the studio. It was several weeks of joy. DAMAN: How about the one that had the biggest impact on your career or that really opened up new opportunities? Clint Mauro: I think my first really big break was when Mr. Armani wanted me as the face and body that launched his Armani Exchange underwear line. The campaign and billboards were all over the world. I believe it really opened the door for many of the opportunities that followed. Outfit by Burberry DAMAN: Of course, you’ve also walked in quite a few fashion shows. What would you say is the most exciting part of walking down a catwalk for a major brand? Clint Mauro: Walking the runway is such a rush. I get the same butterflies in my stomach as I used to when I played basketball. Each designer has a different vision and I love helping them bring that to life. DAMAN: All in all, what would you say are the most important qualities that brands look for from a model whether it’s for an advertising campaign or a runway show? Clint Mauro: The qualities brands look for in the models that represent them are above all, confidence and poise. DAMAN: On a related note, what do you consider to be your most important or most noticeable personal qualities? Clint Mauro: I try to bring great energy and positivity. I’m always a team player on set. Outfit by Alexander McQueen DAMAN: In your opinion, what does it take for a professional male model to be successful today? Clint Mauro: To really make a name for yourself in this industry you need some luck, perseverance, a thick skin and the ability to keep reinventing your look. DAMAN: And on a lighter note, what has been some of the most interesting—or absurd— misconceptions about being a professional model that you’ve encountered or heard so far? Clint Mauro: It really puzzles me that some people view being a professional model as an easy job. And while true, I’ve had some easy days, the majority of the shoots can be long, intense days. Those can be both mentally and physically draining. Not to mention the stress of constantly traveling. DAMAN: A lot of the models we’ve interviewed were randomly scouted. Of course, there are also plenty who are actively looking for the opportunity to become professional models. What’s your number one piece of advice for people who want to get into the business? Clint Mauro: You need to surround yourself with a team of good people—people who actually care about your best interest and who want to be on the journey with you. Then stay persistent and consistent. Learn everything you can about the business and focus on building your brand. Outfit by Jil Sander DAMAN: Besides modeling, you’re also known for your work in filmmaking, as an actor, producer and director. Can you tell us a bit how your journey into this world started? Clint Mauro: I went to college to play basketball. While there I took some acting and theater classes and fell in love with acting. I moved out to Los Angeles from there to pursue it. However, it wasn’t until I moved to New York that I was able to get some acting and producing opportunities. DAMAN: We’ve often heard that the skills, techniques, habits and so on that you pick up from modeling can translate rather well into acting. What’s your take on this ? Clint Mauro: I’ve been fortunate that many of the skills and habits I picked up from being an athlete translated into modeling and have done the same for acting, namely the discipline and work ethic that was instilled in me came from a young age. But during many of the photo shoots I did, we also took some B-roll footage, which made working with the camera very easy and actually enjoyable. Outfit by Alexander McQueen DAMAN: Do you have any plans to return to acting, directing or producing again one day? Clint Mauro: I plan on acting more in the future. I am currently in talks to star in a new series that may be coming to Netflix. Acting is what I originally set out to do. My modeling career just took of sooner and it looks as though it’s coming full circle. DAMAN: How about getting behind the camera in other capacities? As a photographer or fashion director, perhaps... Is this something that might be in the cards for you in the future? Clint Mauro: I have worked with the best photographers in the world and always been in awe of their greatness. I’m not sure I see my limited photography skills translating into a photography career. [Laughs] But I wouldn’t mind taking up the helm as a producer in some form. DAMAN: Speaking of the future, do you have any upcoming projects, shows or updates that you can share with us? Clint Mauro: Yes, I mentioned I was working on several projects. I am currently shooting my very first coffee table book, which will give people a chance to see a diferent more intimate side of me. I’m very hard at work building my brand: Trousers by JW Anderson DAMAN: When you’re not busy with shoots or shows, how do you usually relax and unwind? Do you have any interesting hobbies or passions that occupies your downtime? Clint Mauro: I try to go to the lake or get to the beach. Just being near water or around a warm campare instantly puts me in a relaxed mood. I also love playing games—board games, card games, basketball, anything competitive. I will say, during the quarantine, I also discovered the joys of baking and I was able to spend a lot of time with my nephew Jordan and the rest of my family. They bring a lot of joy to my life. DAMAN: Last question: Are you happy with where you are right now? And what is it that ultimately makes you feel that you’re in the right path? Clint Mauro: I am thankful for where I am right now and happy that I have so many opportunities to be grateful for each day I’m blessed with. I know I’m on the right path because I’m living out my personal legend!” Reference: (2022, August 22nd). Supermodel Clint Mauro On Living Out The Legend. Sept 13, 2022, https://daman.co.id/supermodel-clint-mauro-on-living-out-the-legend/

Popular Posts